Thursday, August 15, 2019

Yarra Cottage Books

Just as Warrandyte is one of my favourite places in Victoria, so too Yarra Cottage Bookshop, in its main street, is one of my favourite bookshops.

I've been visiting this bookshop for years now, mainly because it has a great children's section at the back. I've stumbled across a good many GO titles here down the years, and several years ago, my son was delighted to find a box full of old copies of the Beano.



Last year, I found a copy of a play I'd been searching for for a long time - John Misto's The Shoehorn Sonata. And it has a good crime fiction section too, as you enter the shop.

Something I noticed when checking out the children's section today was that there are a lot of more recent titles on sale - series by authors like Robert Muchamore and Garth Nix that were popular about ten years ago and can still be found in modern bookshops.

There are still some old titles there, though, as can be seen from my photograph.



If you're visiting with children, there's a great playground just down from the bookshop. And right next door is a bakery that's well worth a visit. Watch out for magpies trying to steal your pies and cakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment