Thursday, August 15, 2019

'Worth a browse' revived!

Last week, I was googling trying to find out whether a particular second-hand bookshop still existed - and this old blog showed up on the first page of entries!

I'd pretty much forgotten about it. Like so many other blogs, it was one I started with enthusiasm, but abandoned when life got in the way. At the time I was busy with work and family, and didn't really have much time for going out exploring and discovering bookshops. But last week I found myself re-reading the entries, and thinking, "This was actually a great idea for a blog." So, after a few false attempts, I managed to work out the username and password and this morning got back in.

It's been nine years since I last posted. Those nine years have seen many changes. The nine-year-old son I mentioned in some posts is now 18 and in his final year of school. There have been changes in publishing and the book trade down the years too. So many second-hand bookshops in Victoria have come and gone.

Anyway, a big change for our family was that my husband retired last year. Because I'm freelance and can be flexible about when I work, we do go out exploring a fair bit, so I end up visiting a few bookshops. So I thought I'd revive 'Worth a browse', see how it goes. I hope readers will find my recommendations useful should they find themselves in the areas where the bookshops are located.

No comments:

Post a Comment