Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Little library at Wandin

Now that we can exercise within a 25km radius rather than the 5km one, my husband and I have walked a couple of sections of the Lilydale to Warburton rail trail. This follows the path of the former railway line, and is primarily used by walkers, cyclists and horse riders. 

Near what used to be the old Wandin railway station is a little library. Pre-COVID-19 I used to always carry a book in my backpack, so I could swap it if I came across a title I wanted in a little library. That's something I'm going to have to start doing again as Melbourne opens up.

Shops are still closed for a couple more weeks, so I'm going to look out for little libraries on my walks, and let you know of their existence should you also plan on exploring the outer easern suburbs as the restictions ease.



2 comments:

  1. I love these these mini libraries. When on my travels I could never resist having a look to see what was on offer – even in a non English speaking countries, where I knew the books would be no good to me.

    Generally I've not had anything to swap, but like you, might start making sure I have, once I can get away in the van.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great, aren't they? The other day, I was delighted to discover a new one just a couple of streets away from me. It must have been a lockdown project. :)

      Delete