Sunday, July 11, 2010

Fishy tales!!

Fish Tales second-hand bookshop in Fish Creek is a great little stopping-off point if you're on your way to Wilsons Promontory National Park from Melbourne. It's an atmospheric little shop, with log fire, a piano in the music section, and a typewriter to the right of the door as you enter. It is also, of course, crammed with books - and has a very good children's section, including vintage kidlit as well as more recent titles. There's an excellent crime fiction section too, plus shelves of poetry and plays, and lots of literary fiction. About the weakest area, fiction-wise, is sci-fi and fantasy - just a couple of shelves. Usually that wouldn't bother me, but I've just discovered a new-to-me author whose work I love - sci-fi writer Connie Willis. I discovered this bookshop about six years ago and no trip to the Prom is ever complete without dropping off here first.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I just found you via Books, Mud and Compost. As a fellow book (and bookshop) lover, nothing could be nicer than a blog full of books. What bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I hope you enjoy the blog, even though the bookshops are a long way from you!

    ReplyDelete